Sounders success story, by the numbers
Sounders FC has been successful on and off the field in its first season.
Latest from the Sounders FC blog
Sounders FC has been a success story, both on and off the field, in its first season.
Sounders FC fans are recognized as the loudest and most involved supporters in MLS. They set a record for merchandise purchased in one MLS season, and create a tremendous atmosphere and home-field advantage at Qwest Field. By the numbers:
16 Consecutive MLS sellouts (plus 4 sellouts for cup-related matches).
22,000 Season-ticket holders.
30,943 Average attendance, an MLS record. This figure would have ranked among the top 50 clubs in the world for 2008-09.
35,807 Attendance for first leg of playoff series against Houston, an MLS record for a conference semifinal and No. 7 all-time in MLS playoff games, including finals.
65,372 Attendance at Qwest for friendly vs. Chelsea.
66,848 Attendance at Qwest for friendly vs. FC Barcelona.
• Sounders Web site, www.SoundersFC.com, is the most visited and active online community in MLS.
• The site is a supporters' site with user-generated content including blogs, forums, photos and fan feedback.
• Sounders FC has more than 51,000 supporters on Facebook, more than nearly all other MLS clubs combined. Toronto FC is next highest with 11,000-plus.
• 2009 U.S. Open Cup champions.
• Best record and most goals scored by MLS expansion team since 1998.
• First expansion team to qualify for playoffs since 1998 (third total, joining Chicago and Miami, both 1998).
In the community
• Sounders FC set an MLS record by raising more than $23,000 for the "Nothing But Nets" program.
• More than 4,000 kids participated in Sounders youth soccer programs.
• Players, coaches and staff volunteered nearly 1,000 hours of service in Seattle area.
• Players, coaches and owners made more than 80 community appearances during the season.
• Sounders FC held votes for band and member association names and Golden Scarf recipient.
• Seattle is a possible site for U.S. bid for World Cup in 2018 and 2022.
• Sounders will host Philadelphia Union in the first MLS game of the 2010 season.
• Seattle will host the MLS Cup, the league championship, on Nov. 22.
José Miguel Romero
Source: Sounders FC
When vice president of Sub Pop Records Megan Jasper isn't running things at the office, she's working in her garden at her West Seattle home where she and her husband Brian spend time relaxing.