TV view could be too close for comfort
Good thing football hasn't adopted golf's version of distant replay. "Talked to my dad about the viewer calling in on Tiger," tweeted Chiefs...
The Seattle Times
Good thing football hasn't adopted golf's version of distant replay.
"Talked to my dad about the viewer calling in on Tiger," tweeted Chiefs tackle Geoff Schwartz. "We both agreed it's best viewers can't call in holding penalties on me."
• At SportsPickle.com: "Revis: 'I'm really going to miss all the interceptions I got in practice.' "
• At SportsPickle.com: "Tonight's 'NBA on TNT' canceled after PhotoShop guy calls in sick."
1 ouch, 1 on
The Reds' Shin-Soo Choo was hit by pitches a whopping nine times in his first 19 games.
We see a Hamburger Helper endorsement in his future.
Football's best bargain? Washington running back Alfred Morris.
The sixth-round draft pick rushed for a Redskins-record 1,613 yards last season on a $480,000 rookie salary — a paltry $298 per yard.
Morris doesn't even count against the Redskins' 51-player salary cap, The Washington Post reported: His pay ranks 54th on the team.
On thin ice
"NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested last Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol," wrote Reggie Hayes of the Fort Wayne (Ind.) News-Sentinel. "NBC officials had no comment, but they privately shouted, 'Do you believe in designated drivers?' "
The college football playoff will be apparently be called the College Football Playoff.
At least until they rename it the Poulan Weed-Eater College Football Playoff.
• Syndicated columnist Norman Chad, on Heat forward Shane Battier: "If the NBA eliminated the three-point shot and the block/charge call, he'd be selling vacuum cleaners out of the back of a van off Interstate 95 in Brunswick, Ga."
• Jim Barach of TV in Charleston, W.Va., on the Honus Wagner baseball card that sold for $2.1 million: "The buyer says the card is in excellent shape, although the gum was very hard to chew."
• Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter, leading the AL in batting at age 37: "I have good genetics. I'm no steroids freak. I'm organic."
• Redskins RB Alfred Morris, to the Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, after getting the key to the city of Boca Raton, Fla.: "It was an honor to be honored."
Bring some heat
The Braves and Rockies played Tuesday in the coldest first-pitch temperature in at least two decades: 23 degrees.
In other words, Take Me Out to the Brrrrrr Game.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com