Performance-enhancing drugs are nothing new in sports
Just say neigh? Not two decades ago. "When I heard about deer-antler spray, I said, 'That's nothing,' " former NFL defensive tackle Tony...
The Seattle Times
Just say neigh? Not two decades ago.
"When I heard about deer-antler spray, I said, 'That's nothing,' " former NFL defensive tackle Tony Casillas, 49, told Dallas' KRLD-FM. "We used to use this stuff called DMSO. That's what veterinarians put on horses' muscles ...
"You put it on your skin and you put it on a muscle, and I guarantee you, in about 30 minutes you'd feel great."
• At Fark.com: "Pau Gasol has a torn plantar fascia, will miss six weeks of being included in trade rumors."
• At SportsPickle.com: "Joe Flacco celebrates Super Bowl title with wild night at Applebee's."
Bracing for a blitz
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti says the team plans to erect a statue of polarizing linebacker Ray Lewis outside M&T Bank Stadium.
Local pigeons can't wait to put a white suit on it.
The starting 11 on college football's all-name recruiting class for 2013, in ascending order, from LostLettermen.com:
• LB Courtney Love, Nebraska
• ATH De'Niro Laster, Minnesota
• DE Ebenezer Ogundeko, Clemson
• DB Will Likely, Maryland
• DE Dee Liner, Alabama
• RB Altee Tenpenny, Alabama
• RB Dreamius Smith, West Virginia
• DE Taco Charlton, Michigan
• OL Chongo Kondolo, Nebraska
• DT DeAsian Richardson, Louisville
• DB Chocolate Wilson, Marshall
Cut and run
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson — who nearly broke the NFL rushing record coming off a knee-reconstruction operation — underwent surgery for a sports hernia this week.
Which means he'll probably run for 2,500 yards this time.
The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service plans to stop delivering mail on Saturdays, effective Aug. 10.
Looks like the Southern Miss football team — 0-12 in 2012 — won't be mailing it in this year.
• Brad Rock of Salt Lake City's Deseret News, after Jose Canseco tweeted "I need to find Manute Bol" — the ex-basketball player who died three years ago: "How come the only thing Canseco seems clued in on is who used steroids?"
• Comedy writer Tim Hunter, after Ravens QB Joe Flacco let drop in his Super Bowl postgame interviews that his wife is pregnant: "For those of you keeping stats at home, that would be another completion."
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, on news that the world's most famous circus is cutting jobs: "Quick, raise your hands if you thought I meant the New York Jets."
Hold your applause
There'll be some red-faced Superdome officials if this Super Bowl blackout rumor pans out:
The stadium Clapper malfunctioned.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com