Danica Patrick hopes she's found Mr. Right after thousands of left turns
Who needs right-side tires or a splash of gas when you're making a pit stop for love? Danica Patrick is dating fellow NASCAR driver Ricky...
The Seattle Times
Who needs right-side tires or a splash of gas when you're making a pit stop for love?
Danica Patrick is dating fellow NASCAR driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr., she announced Friday at Daytona International Speedway.
"Thanks everyone for all of your nice messages," Patrick wrote on her Twitter page, "and the bump-drafting jokes are cracking me up! Let the fun begin."
• At TheOnion.com: "2013 Puppy Bowl teams to be coached by two dogs from same litter."
• At SportsPickle.com: "Ravens release Ray Lewis: 'He has become a distraction.' "
Among the football blue-chippers on Alabama's recruiting list: tailback Altee Tenpenny.
Can't confirm he answers to the nickname of "Nails."
"Remember when men were men and fake girlfriends weren't?" wrote The Sporting News' David Whitley. "Now media traffics in shock, social media goes wild, and a nation gathers around its flat-screens to gauge whether phone footsie will make a player slide on Mel Kiper Jr.'s Big Board."
From Janice Hough of LeftCoastSportsBabe.com:
Q: "What are the Los Angeles Clippers without Chris Paul?"
A: "Apparently the Los Angeles Lakers."
Don't touch that dial
Who says the hockey work stoppage is over?
Wrote Gregg Drinnan of the Kamloops (B.C.) Daily News: "I regret to inform the NHL that, as as the commissioner of my home, I have locked out owners and players."
• Len Berman of ThatsSports.com, on Atlanta's new-look lineup: "Two thirds of the Braves' outfield will have Uptons — or one Alou shy of a full house."
• Blogger TC Chong, on next year's Super Bowl being played outdoors in New Jersey: "Watch for SB XLVIIIBRRRR."
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, on Ontario curler Glen Howard choosing Alberta rival John Morrison for his TSN Skins team: "Talk about sweeping with the enemy."
No miracle cure
Doctors cleared Lakers center Dwight Howard to play Friday night after finding no further damage to his right shoulder.
Hey, it was either that or try to surgically remove that big chip on it.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org