Australian library seemed ready to turn page on truth
Sign said Lance Armstrong books moving to fiction section
The Seattle Times
No need for Dewey to redo any decimals, after all.
That sign spotted at the Manly Library in Sydney, Australia — the one saying that all the Lance Armstrong books would soon be moved to the fiction section — turned out to be a prank.
• At Fark.com: "Maloof brothers agree to sell Sacramento Kings to Seattle group led by investor Chris Hansen, although they believe the buyer is a 13-year-old girl named Brandi."
• At SportsPickle.com: "Brothers Rex and Rob Ryan to go head-to-head in Tecmo Bowl."
Pass the tin cup
Phil Mickelson — who makes about $30 million a year in endorsements alone — told reporters he will make "drastic changes" because tax increases will eat more of his income.
"Now, if you'll excuse me," he continued, "I just need to finish this 'Will Putt For Food' sign I'm working on."
Par for the course
So what will they serve at the reception if Elin Nordegren says "I do" to Tiger Woods again? Mulligan stew?
Fact of the day
The victim of Raven Ray Lewis' very first NFL sack?
Colts QB Jim Harbaugh, in 1996.
Eh-list of coaches
Three NFL head coaches — the Saints' Sean Payton, the Cowboys' Jason Garrett and the Chargers' Mike McCoy — are all former Canadian Football League quarterbacks.
Anybody out there have Warren Moon on speed dial?
Food for thought
In light of the grumbling Lakers, how soon before Staples Center concessions stands start selling Kobe beef?
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on the U.S. Figure Skating Championships under way in his city: "Tuesday morning I saw a triple Salchow, a double lutz and a figure eight, and that was just on my morning commute with the snow."
• Comedy writer Gary Bachman, via Facebook, on the latest freezing spell: "It's so cold Lance Armstrong injected himself with soup."
• NBC's Jay Leno, on Lovegate: "I just hope that this one painful online experience doesn't cause Manti Te'o to give up on all imaginary girlfriends."
Last year, Tom Brady's wife ripped Wes Welker after a Patriots loss. This year, Welker's wife ripped Ray Lewis.
Yo, Mrs. Lewis? Tag — you're it!
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org