Prom request worth a shot: You can either sink or swim
Danielle Jennette, a swimmer at Kings Fork High School in Suffolk, Va., has asked Olympic gold medalist Ryan Lochte to be her prom date...
The Seattle Times
Danielle Jennette, a swimmer at Kings Fork High School in Suffolk, Va., has asked Olympic gold medalist Ryan Lochte to be her prom date, but no answer yet.
If he says yes, here's betting they carpool.
• At SportsPickle.com: "Adrian Peterson falls 903 yards short of 3,000."
• At Fark.com: "Much like Jay Cutler, Lovie Smith has been sacked."
Twin sisters Lucy and Kelly Knott, 24, of Stockport, England, are teaching assistants by day and pro rasslers by night.
Classroom discipline probably isn't a problem.
Hooked that one
NASA's Kepler Telescope discovered two mysterious objects more than 65,000 light years from Earth.
Alas, just a couple of Gerald Ford's errant tee shots.
Not bowled over
"This season's bloated roster of 70 bowl-ing schools includes 15 teams with five losses, 14 with six losses and two — Georgia Tech and Duke — with seven," noted Greg Cote of the Miami Herald. "(New rule: If Duke is in a bowl, there is one too many bowl games.)
"The math, therefore, says that 31 of 70 bowl teams, almost half, had seasons that would get the coach's house egged in any self-respecting college town."
Philadelphia's Andy Reid was among seven NFL coaches fired Monday, and the locals seem to approve his departure.
At least, all the hardcore Eagles fans gave it two fingers up.
• Florida football coach Will Muschamp, to the Orlando Sentinel, on the importance of making his team bigger and tougher: "You don't pay money to see the featherweights. You pay to see the heavyweights."
• Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, to TSN, on why teammate Jeff Saturday is the perfect center: "Low sweat ratio and solid butt height."
• Comedy writer Alan Ray, after the 2-14 Jacksonville Jaguars fired GM Gene Smith: "To make sure the players were nowhere to be found, the announcement took place in the end zone."
• Ole Miss QB recruit Devante Kincade of Dallas, to USA Today, on what it feels like to throw an interception: "Think about how embarrassing it would be to get your girlfriend taken."
Or Chuck Roast
Enterprising restaurateurs in Philadelphia, no doubt, are pushing for Jon Gruden to be the next Eagles coach.
Chucky Cheesesteaks, anyone?
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com