Not-so-warm welcome for Saints in Atlanta
What do you call New Orleans when it visits Atlanta? The Big Over Easy. Two Saints players — tight end Jimmy Graham and backup QB...
The Seattle Times
What do you call New Orleans when it visits Atlanta? The Big Over Easy.
Two Saints players — tight end Jimmy Graham and backup QB Chase Daniel — tweeted that workers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport pelted their team bus with eggs soon after they touched down Wednesday night.
Tweeted a third Saint, linebacker Will Herring: "First time my bus has been egged by opposing fans! (The game) should be fun!!"
• At SportsPickle.com: "Big East retakes Boston College in daring midnight raid."
• At TheOnion.com: "Packers GM checks waiver wire for offensive lines."
Two thoughts on this year's Hall of Fame ballot:
• Artificially-enhanced Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa are on it for the first time.
• Hyperdermic needles are quite handy for removing hanging chads.
Possible "Pokertox" marketing jingle: "Ya gotta know when to Hold'em, know when to mold 'em."
a) your chance of winning Wednesday night's Powerball lottery drawing.
b) the Astros' batting average last season with runners in scoring position.
Wizards, with a 'W'
The 0-12 Washington Wizards finally hit the win column with an 84-82 win over the Trail Blazers on Wednesday night.
In a related story, two Washington Generals injured themselves popping champagne corks.
• Greg Cote of The Miami Herald, on the notion the Marlins might plow the cash accrued from their big salary dump into signing major free agents: "Marlins fans who trust that will happen should hold a meeting tonight at the Gullible Tavern, corner booth."
• Jack Finarelli of SportsCurmudgeon.com, on race-car driver Danica Patrick getting a divorce: "Would it be inappropriate to say their relationship hit a wall?"
• Peter Couture of The Tampa Bay Times, on Evan Longoria's six-year, $100 million extension: "Tampa Bay raise."
• Steve Harvey of The Bottom Ten, on the underachieving Cowboys and Eagles playing Sunday: "Whether coaches Andy Reid and Jason Garrett still have their jobs at kickoff will be game-time decisions."
Message to Michael
Basketball icon Michael Jordan is apparently persona non grata at Miami Beach's La Gorce Country Club after refusing to change his cargo shorts while playing a recent round there.
Witnesses say it was Jordan all right: The tongues on his golf shoes were sticking out, too.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com