Maybe action in the lane just isn't his game
So what do you classify this injury as, a lane violation? Reports out of Philadelphia say 76ers center Andrew Bynum, already sidelined with...
The Seattle Times
So what do you classify this injury as, a lane violation?
Reports out of Philadelphia say 76ers center Andrew Bynum, already sidelined with a knee injury, has hurt the other knee — while bowling.
Or maybe he's just allergic to hardwood.
• At TheOnion.com: "Bears trainers worried concussed Jay Cutler may never sulk again."
• At SportsPickle.com: "Packers lose 4 more starters to injury during bye week."
Jock Math 101
"I love it when seam heads get all worked up over baseball awards," wrote Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot. "Math-letes obsessing over athletes."
It's a slam-dunk
And you thought baseball keeps some odd statistics?
Now comes word that Baylor's Brittney Griner broke Candace Parker's NCAA women's basketball record with her eighth career dunk in a win over Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
Eight career dunks? Any judicious cop could do that with a single doughnut.
A win for Nielsen
Thanks to two big upsets on Saturday, that Oregon-Kansas State BCS title game is suddenly looking more like Notre Dame and Alabama.
So which was louder — the wailing in Eugene and Manhattan, Kan., or the cheers that erupted in ABC's corporate offices?
Talking the talk
• Syndicated columnist Norman Chad, on Caltech — known for its brainiac students and losing teams — getting busted by the NCAA: "Banning Caltech from postseason is akin to forbidding Pope Benedict XVI from break-dancing."
• Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari, during an ESPN halftime interview, on Duke's defensive tactics: "They are flopping all over the place. In the NBA, they'd be suspended."
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, after AMF Bowling Worldwide filed for bankruptcy: "Not to worry. If my math is correct, they'll have that paid off as soon as they rent nine more pairs of bowling shoes."
Try, try again
Washington State rushed for 1 yard on 19 carries in Saturday's 46-7 loss at Arizona State.
Just 190 pops into the line at that rate, and the Cougs have themselves a first down.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org