In the news:
Like they say, watch out for sharks on the golf course
So, do you score it as an eagle or a birdie? Some duffers got quite a sight recently when they arrived at the 12th tee box at San Juan Hills...
The Seattle Times
So, do you score it as an eagle or a birdie?
Some duffers got quite a sight recently when they arrived at the 12th tee box at San Juan Hills (Calif.) Golf Club's San Juan Capistrano course: a 2-foot shark flopping around on the grass, obviously dropped by a feathered predator.
• At TheOnion.com: "30 seconds of NLCS Game 7 watched during commercial break of 'Monday Night Football.' "
• At SportsPickle.com: "Bobcats ask NBA for a few more months of practice."
One brick at a time
Don Martini, a 75-year-old retiree, built a 17- by 20-foot replica of old Giants Stadium.
It only took him eight hours a day for two years — and $20,000 worth of Legos.
Don't bother asking Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder how this year's Wildcats compare to his 1998 squad.
"I'm 73 years old," Snyder told Big 12 reporters. "I hardly remember what happened yesterday, let alone 1998."
Now, that's scary
"My daughter, Jessica, told me she wanted to dress up as something really, really scary this Halloween," wrote Mike Bianchi of the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel. "I told her she should go as Blaine Gabbert's passing efficiency."
• Bob Molinaro of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, after Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall said it didn't take a rocket scientist for the Giants to complete a 77-yard, game-winning pass against his team: "Another reminder that Hall's mind works in strange ways, while his mouth works overtime."
• Phil Mushnick of the New York Post, after D-III Misericordia ( Pa.) going 0-7 — including beatings of 70-0 and 67-0 — in its first season fielding a football team: "Misericordia, in Latin, means pity, compassion, mercy."
• Johnny Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd, to the Orlando Sentinel, on why the Jaguars should've acquired Jacksonville legend Tim Tebow: "They would have filled the stadium with chicks alone."
• Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, on his team's preseason proclivity for turnovers: "We're doing it every way you can do it. If we were a sex manual, we'd be a best-seller."
Giants manager Bruce Bochy, born in France, boasts the record for most wins by a manager born outside the United States, and it's already a win-win for Bochy.
Donald Trump reportedly offered him $5 million just to see the birth certificate.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org