This wasn't the plan when it tried to spark interest
We'll just take our chances with a sunburn, thanks. The maker of Banana Boat sunscreen is recalling more than 20 of its spray-on products...
The Seattle Times
We'll just take our chances with a sunburn, thanks.
The maker of Banana Boat sunscreen is recalling more than 20 of its spray-on products, The Associated Press reported, after five people reportedly caught on fire after applying it.
• From SportsPickle.com: "Nike fires Michael Jordan for misleading them about his fashion sense."
• At Fark.com: "NHL player$ and owner$ not $peaking the $ame language."
"I'm not saying the presidential debate got boringly contentious the other night," wrote Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel, "but it was like watching George Will and Bob Costas debate the infield-fly rule."
Pardon this French
Rejected Tour de France ad slogan: "You can't spell pedal without P-E-D."
Young and the listless
The Tigers' Delmon Young drove in as many runs — six — as the Yankees scored in four games in the American League Championship Series.
"This was the third straight postseason in which Young has killed the Yankees," wrote Joel Sherman of the New York Post, "which means he has a lot in common with Nick Swisher."
You won't see Kevin Durant doing any 24-mile free falls.
"Wow just seen Felix Baumgartner jump from the edge of space!" tweeted the Oklahoma City Thunder star. "#couldnthavebeenme ... my pants woulda smelled like a dump truck."
Not worth repeating
Sounds like Baumgartner doesn't want to do it again, either.
"I'm retired from the daredevil business," he told reporters in Roswell, N.M. "I want to find a nice decent job as a helicopter pilot. I'll fight fires and rescue people. No emails, no phone calls."
• Bill Dwyre of the Los Angeles Times, recalling when one of Notre Dame coach Frank Leahy's players got six teeth knocked out: "When the player balked at returning to the game, Leahy asked if he was there to play football or eat a sandwich."
• Comedian Argus Hamilton, on ineffectual Alex Rodriguez guaranteed to get paid $114 million the next five seasons: "Just think, only three years ago the Yankees owner was feeling sorry for the Mets owner because he invested with Bernie Madoff."
• Blogger TC Chong, on when the Chargers started their bye week. "Right after halftime on Monday night."
• CBS's Shannon Sharpe, describing Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt: "He's Howie Long and Kevin Greene on Red Bull."
Forbes magazine came out with its annual list of America's most dangerous cities, and Detroit is No. 1 again.
"No kidding," moaned 25 Yankees in unison.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com