The naked truth is that they just couldn't do it
Guess it was just too much to bare. Organizers' hopes of breaking the world record for a group skinny-dipping fell short when only about...
The Seattle Times
Guess it was just too much to bare.
Organizers' hopes of breaking the world record for a group skinny-dipping fell short when only about 200 showed up in 42-degree temperatures in Northumberland, England.
The record is 413.
• At SportsPickle.com: "Regular NFL refs oddly remembered as competent."
• At TheOnion.com: "Injury prompts producer to play somber version of CBS jingle."
Chewing the fat
"A new study found that running for two minutes is just as good for you as working out for 90 minutes," noted NBC's Jimmy Fallon. "That doesn't sound like a study — it sounds like something a chubby guy says after being on the treadmill for two minutes."
Love that car
Rookie running back Alfred Morris has the only 1991 Mazda 626 parked among his teammates' much fancier cars in the Redskins' players' lot, and he has no plans to upgrade the ride he calls his "Bentley."
"One day, my kids are going to drive that car," he told Redskins.com. "If it breaks down, I'm gettin' it fixed. That's just how I am."
A man living next to a golf course in Reno, Nev., took the law into his own hands when a ball went crashing through one of his windows, landing him in jail and one of his targets slightly wounded.
"Jeff Fleming grabbed his shotgun and shot at the two golfers," reported Ian Hamilton of the Regina (Sask.) Leader-Post. "He put holes in one."
Not buying it
"I just Googled the word 'disingenuous,' " wrote Greg Cote of the Miami Herald, "and up popped Dwight Howard's full-page ad in the Orlando Sentinel thanking the same Magic fans he maneuvered to leave stranded."
• RJ Currie of SportsDeke.com, on speculation that Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones is dating Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh: "Tip for Lolo: If you go dancing, sit out the Bristol Stomp."
• Steve Schrader of the Detroit Free Press, after draft-bust Darko Milicic signed with yet another team — the Celtics: "Really. The Human Victory Cigar. Red Auerbach's cigar is spinning in its grave."
Numb, and number
And, from the statistics do lie file:
• Time of possession: Idaho State 30:07, Nebraska 29:53.
• Final score: Nebraska 73, Idaho State 7.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or firstname.lastname@example.org