Not an instant classic in Las Vegas | Sideline Chatter
Anyone up for a reverse "Heidi"? UNLV basketball fans tuning in to watch the tipoff of Wednesday's Top-25 matchup between the Rebels and...
The Seattle Times
Anyone up for a reverse "Heidi"?
UNLV basketball fans tuning in to watch the tipoff of Wednesday's Top-25 matchup between the Rebels and New Mexico on the CBS College Sports Network instead got to see a Utah-TCU women's game that refused to end. By the time the four-overtime marathon finally ended and the network switched to the UNLV game, the Rebels were trailing 40-28 — at halftime.
But no such problems with Saturday's UNLV game on Versus.
"The broadcast is scheduled to be preceded by a repeat episode of 'Sports Jobs with Junior Seau,' " pointed out Adam Hill of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "The episode was taped months ago and will not go into overtime."
The Brewers plan to unveil a 7-foot statue of commissioner Bud Selig outside Miller Park on Aug. 24. Pigeons and catchers report Aug. 23.
No pink elephants?
Sounds like U.S. snowboarder Graham Watanabe — when asked to describe the euphoria of competing in his second Winter Olympics — was pushing to be the first athlete drug-tested.
"Pegasus mating with a unicorn and the creature that they birth I somehow tame it and ride it to the sky and clouds and sunshine and rainbows," he told reporters. "That's how I feel."
• At Deadspin.com, on ex-Shock stars Deanna Nolan and Katie Smith balking at the WNBA franchise's move to Tulsa: "Stop the presses: Detroit preferable to somewhere."
• In the San Diego Union-Tribune, on U.S. athletes having to scrimp to make ends meet while training for the Olympics: "Swifter, higher, stronger — and poorer."
Beware of claws
Panic over a rumored cougar sighting near the Olympic luge run in Whistler, B.C., was averted when wildlife experts identified it as:
a) a lynx;
b) a bobcat;
c) Katarina Witt.
Talking the talk
• Comedy writer Alan Ray, on why Pat Robertson couldn't use God's wrath as an excuse for that 4.3 earthquake in Chicago: "He's already given them the Cubs."
• TNT's Kevin McHale, comparing the Thunder's Kevin Durant to Hall of Famer George Gervin: "He's 'The Icicle.' Long, skinny and cold-blooded."
• NBC's Jay Leno, on his network's latest brainstorm to spice up its Winter Olympics ratings: "All the bobsleds are made by Toyota."
Mutt 1, mutt 2
Now Michael Vick admits he didn't always give 100 percent when he quarterbacked the Atlanta Falcons.
Turns out he was dogging it on two counts.
Dwight Perry: 206-464-8250 or email@example.com
Furniture & home furnishings
*LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION* Unique Restaur...
Air Compressor -Portable, Unused, elect, 2H...
ANTIQUE ESTATE AUCTION 717 S 3rd St, Renton...
POST A FREE LISTING