Camp Carroll: Day 11
Posted by Danny O'Neil
One practice | Full pads
Seattle had its testiest practice of training camp so far. Start with a fracas between guard Mike Gibson and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, which featured the sight of red-jerseyed Matt Hasselbeck clinging to the scrum as he tried to pull Gibson away.
A little bit later it was a full-blown scrum that involved the offensive line, the defensive line and then cornerback Josh Wilson. That featured a little extracurricular activity as linebackers coach Ken Norton was in the middle trying to break it up. Defensive tackle Brandon Mebane took a pretty good swing at an opposing linemen that appeared to be Max Unger after things broke up.
Afterward, coach Pete Carroll talked about it as a teachable moment, and he made it clear that while his emphasis is upon competing, he doesn't want the kind of altercations that would result in penalties during an actual game.
• Linebacker Leroy Hill suffered a twisted knee during goal-line drills in practice and walked off. Carroll said that Hill indicated to him it was nothing serious.
• Gibson suffered a head injury during the practice that sidelined him.
• Linebacker Aaron Curry returned to practice after missing the previous 10 days because of a concussion.
• Linebacker Lofa Tatupu remained out with a sore hamstring. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck returned to practice after he was limited the previous two days.
• Wide receiver Mike Williams did not practice, and he had a sleeve on his right calf.
Dec 24 - 6:10 AM Looking back: Revisiting Sunday's scouting report
Dec 24 - 1:09 AM Seahawks' scoring binge
Dec 24 - 1:01 AM Video: Summing Seattle's victory
Dec 24 - 12:58 AM Video: Russell Wilson post-game comments
Dec 24 - 12:21 AM Rookie passing roll call