Notes from Tuesday's practice
Posted by Danny O'Neil
• Leon Washington still isn't practicing as he recovers from a broken leg, but he has changed numbers. He's now wearing No. 33, the number worn by fullback Justin Griffith last season. It's an indication Griffith won't be returning.
• Kevin Vickerson was in a helmet and training Tuesday, his first work in a practice open to the media since he was acquired in Seattle's draft-day trade with Tennessee on the third and last day of April's draft. Vickerson said he has been out with a sore hamstring. Coach Pete Carroll previously said it was a sore groin. Asked about the role the team has talked to him about, Vickerson said three-technique, although he also could play some five-technique and nose guard.
• This was the first Seahawks practice open to the media since LenDale White was released. So what prompted that decision?
"It was just time to just move ahead," Carroll said. "I think he needs to go somewhere else and find a spot and it wasn't going to be here. That's it."
So does that leave Seattle needing a big bruiser of a short-yardage back?
"Not necessarily, no," Carroll said. "He had a chance to fit and be part of a role, but it didn't work out. We're looking for guys with unique [skills]. Guys that bring something special and something unique to them and try to give us a good spread of talent and style at the running back spot."
• After practice, three players stayed after to field punts: Golden Tate, Ben Obomanu and Patrick Carter.
• The Seahawks have agreed to terms with Will Tukuafu, a defensive end from Oregon, according to the Twitter account of his agent.
• Carroll indicated that a resolution regarding Leroy Hill may be coming. He was not specific on a timeline, though.
Dec 24 - 6:10 AM Looking back: Revisiting Sunday's scouting report
Dec 24 - 1:09 AM Seahawks' scoring binge
Dec 24 - 1:01 AM Video: Summing Seattle's victory
Dec 24 - 12:58 AM Video: Russell Wilson post-game comments
Dec 24 - 12:21 AM Rookie passing roll call