Leroy Hill excused from minicamp
Posted by Danny O'Neil
A quick roll call from the first minicamp practice of Pete Carroll's regime here with the Seahawks:
• LB Leroy Hill was not on the field, and coach Pete Carroll said he and general manager John Schneider decided Hill would be better served if he weren't on the field. Hill has retained the law firm of Fox, Bowman, Duarte. A not-guilty plea was entered on Monday.
• Former first-round picks Reggie Williams and Mike Williams were among the 17 players attending on a tryout basis. The team will have three days to evaluate them before making a decision on whether to offer a contract.
• T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Mike Hass were present, but did not participate in drills. Hass is recovering from a shoulder injury.
• The first-unit line was LT Ray Willis, LG Mike Gibson, C Chris Spencer, RG Max Unger, RT Sean Locklear. Now before "The Wringing of Hands" commences over Willis at left tackle or why Spencer instead of Unger at center, it's early in the evaluation process. There's no guarantee that's the lineup for tomorrow let alone moving forward, and it's very possible that offensive line coach is trying to get one side of the line solidified, and in this instance that may very well be the right side with Locklear and Unger.
• C Chris Spencer and WR Ben Obomanu participated in practice, indicating they either signed a one-year tender or a workout waiver.• And finally, wide receiver Mike Williams was in practice, and he said he weighed in at 235 pounds. Williams was reported as heavy as 270 last year. Williams wouldn't confirm that. He only said, "A lot," when asked how much he weighed a year ago.
Dec 24 - 6:10 AM Looking back: Revisiting Sunday's scouting report
Dec 24 - 1:09 AM Seahawks' scoring binge
Dec 24 - 1:01 AM Video: Summing Seattle's victory
Dec 24 - 12:58 AM Video: Russell Wilson post-game comments
Dec 24 - 12:21 AM Rookie passing roll call