In the news:
Seahawks vs. Falcons: 2-minute drill
Players of the game • Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson passed for 385 yards, not only a career high and franchise playoff record...
Players of the game
• Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson passed for 385 yards, not only a career high and franchise playoff record, but also the most ever for a rookie quarterback in a playoff game.
• Seahawks tight end Zach Miller had not had more than 59 yards receiving in a game since joining Seattle. He had a career-high 142 yards against Atlanta despite playing with a torn plantar fascia suffered on the third play of the game. It was the second-most receiving yards by a Seahawk in a playoff game behind Darrell Jackson's 143 in 2005.
• Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez caught six passes, and his 19-yard reception on Atlanta's last possession put the Falcons in position for the game-winning field goal.
Play of the game
Atlanta's second touchdown of the game was its longest, Falcons receiver Roddy White getting behind Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman for a 47-yard touchdown catch. Sherman tripped as he sprinted to catch up to White, who hauled it in for the longest scoring catch Seattle allowed this season.
Hard to pick just one in a game that saw 24 points scored in the fourth quarter and two lead changes in the final minute. But the first play of Atlanta's final drive made it clear the Seahawks had left too much time. Atlanta had the ball at its own 28 with 25 seconds left, and quarterback Matt Ryan threw a 22-yard completion to receiver Harry Douglas, who was matched up against Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner.
• Atlanta rushed for 167 yards, Seattle for 123. Hardly what was expected since the Falcons were No. 29 in the league in regular-season rushing, the Seahawks third.
• The Seahawks scored first in 13 of their 16 regular-season games, but the opponent scored first in each of Seattle's two playoff games this season.
By the numbers
286 yards Seattle allowed in the first quarter of its two playoff games.
79 yards the Seahawks gained in the first quarter of those two playoff games.
20 Seattle's deficit after three quarters at Atlanta.
14 Seattle's deficit after the first quarter in Washington.
13 Seattle's largest deficit in the regular season.
Seahawks tight end Zach Miller returned to finish the game after suffering the torn plantar fascia.
Defensive end Red Bryant: "This is going to make us better, make us hungry. We'll be looking forward to next year, and when we come out of the gates, we'll know what kind of team we are. We'll know what it takes to win. So we've got to swallow this one, and hopefully we'll be back next year, prepared to go farther."