In the news:
Seahawks' Two-Minute Drill
Seahawks' Two-Minute Drill
Players of the game
• Golden Tate caught a pass for a 38-yard touchdown, and threw one for a 23-yard TD. His most impressive play didn't score any points, but did cause jaws to drop. Facing third-and-five, the Seahawks threw a bubble screen to Tate who faked out two defenders, hurdling one of them to gain 13 yards.
• Cornerback Richard Sherman baited Mark Sanchez into throwing a ball he picked off in the Seattle end zone, and forced a fumble with his fourth-quarter blitz.
• Running back Marshawn Lynch rushed for 124 yards on 27 carries, his fourth consecutive game with more than 100 yards.
Play of the game
Sherman's second-quarter interception not only prevented the Jets from taking the lead, but it ended what turned out to be New York's only possession inside the Seattle 40.
The Jets' Jeremy Kerley muffed a second-quarter punt, breathing life into a Seattle offense that had flat-lined after its TD drive on the opening possession. Kam Chancellor recovered, and Seattle drove 42 yards to take a lead it never lost.
• QB Russell Wilson was sacked four times after being sacked just once in Seattle's previous two games.
• Mark Sanchez's passer rating of 40.7 ranked No. 4 of all the players, trumped by Wilson (131.0), Tate (158.3) and Tim Tebow (79.2).
• The Seahawks gained 52 yards on 19 rushes in the first half, an average of 2.7 yards. They rushed for 122 yards on 24 carries in the second half, a 5.1 average.
By the numbers
185 — Yards of net offense for the Jets, fewest for any Seattle opponent this year.
7 — Sacks for defensive end Bruce Irvin, most among all NFL rookies.
3 — Games in which Seattle's defense has not allowed an offensive TD.
Jets — CB Isaiah Trufant suffered a knee injury in the first quarter. RB Bilal Powell left the game with a concussion in the second half. Seahawks — None.
"We're in a rhythm offensively, defensively and special teams. ... The biggest thing is translating it over to the second half, using what we learned in the first half, and really just taking off. I think we have the ability to take off right now." — Seattle's Russell Wilson
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||W, 30-20|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||W, 28-7|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|