Seahawks Two-minute drill
Notes and quotes from Seattle's victory over Arizona
Players of the game
• Seattle kicker Olindo Mare made five field goals, tying the franchise record for most in a game. He has made 30 consecutive attempts, a franchise record.
• WR Mike Williams caught 11 passes, eclipsing the career high he set last week. He had 87 yards receiving and scored his first touchdown in four years.
Play of the game
First, Cardinals receiver Andre Roberts muffed a punt at his 18 with his team trailing 3-0 in the second quarter. Then, he decided to pick it up with one hand, making it possible for Seattle's Michael Robinson to knock it loose for a fumble. Roy Lewis recovered the ball at the Arizona 2, and Seattle scored its only touchdown two plays later on a pass from Matt Hasselbeck to Williams.
After the Cardinals cut Seattle's lead to 16-7 in the third quarter, the Seahawks, who had not gained a first down since early in the second period, ended the drought when Deon Butler caught a 26-yard pass. Just like that, Seattle was rolling on a 78-yard drive and while it settled for yet another field goal, the drive took five minutes and re-established some offensive rhythm.
• Seattle opted against double-covering Larry Fitzgerald, even with rookie CB Walter Thurmond starting his first game. Thurmond played well, and while Fitzgerald was targeted 10 times, he caught only three for 30 yards.
• The Seahawks gained 55 yards on their first six rushes with rookie Russell Okung in the game at left tackle. They averaged only 3 yards on the 30 carries after he left.
• Matt Hasselbeck was sacked five times, the most this season.
By the numbers
1,363 Days between TDs for Mike Williams, whose 2-yard TD catch in the second quarter was his first since Dec. 31, 2006.
39 Yard rush by Marshawn Lynch in the first quarter, Seattle's longest run from scrimmage since Sept. 13, 2009 when Julius Jones had a 62-yard scoring run.
30 Consecutive field-goal attempts made by Olindo Mare, extending a franchise record that spans more than a year. The NFL record is 42.
4 Interceptions in six games by rookie Earl Thomas, the most by a Seahawks safety in any season since 2004.
Coach Pete Carroll: "I love being in first, but it doesn't mean anything right now. To me, it's like the BCS. It doesn't matter right now. It's how you finish."
Seahawks — LT Russell Okung suffered a left ankle injury in the first quarter and did not return. RB Michael Robinson suffered a knee injury and did not return after the third quarter. WR Brandon Stokley left with an undisclosed injury, and appeared to be icing his hip on the sideline. Cardinals — QB Max Hall suffered a blow to the head and left in the third quarter.
Furniture & home furnishings
City of Seatac SEPA DNS for SEP15-0001
King County DPER Notice of Land Use Permit ...
King County Fleet Administraton Request for...
POST A FREE LISTING