Seahawks two-minute drill
Players of the game • Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas is so good, you'd better learn to spell his name. The first-round draft pick...
Players of the game
• Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas is so good, you'd better learn to spell his name. The first-round draft pick caught eight passes for 97 yards and a touchdown.
• Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey's coverage is so comprehensive, he could sell insurance. His first-quarter interception short-circuited Seattle's first scoring chance.
• What Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton lacks in arm strength, he makes up for in accuracy. He was 25 of 35 for 307 yards and two touchdowns.
Play of the game
Denver's first punt was one of its best offensive plays in the first half. Seattle rookie Walter Thurmond, on the field for the first time, muffed the catch of Britton Colquitt's 58-yarder. Denver scored three plays later to take a 7-0 lead and never looked back.
After the Seahawks cut Denver's lead to 10 points in the third quarter, they had the Broncos facing third-and-seven at their 23. Orton's pass was behind receiver Brandon Lloyd, but Seattle's Marcus Trufant was penalized for pass interference, resulting in a first down. The drive ended eight plays later with Knowshon Moreno's 1-yard touchdown run punctuating an 80-yard march. Denver led by at least 17 the rest of the game.
• A week after Seattle was held to 11 yards in the first quarter by San Francisco, the Seahawks had 89 yards of offense in the first quarter, but the same number of points. Seattle failed to score in the opening period
• Matt Hasselbeck was intercepted three times, twice inside the Denver 10. He has been intercepted 14 times in his last six regular-season games.
• Denver converted 14 of its 20 third-down chances. The 49ers were 1 for 15 on third downs against Seattle in Week 1.
By the numbers
63 Yards Golden Tate gained the first time he touched the ball. His third-quarter punt return set up Seattle's first touchdown.
21 Losses Seattle has suffered in its 26 road games against the Broncos.
11 Consecutive home openers won by Denver, longest active streak in the league.
4 Catches for Deon Butler on Seattle's first drive. He caught one pass the rest of the game.
Seahawks LB Leroy Hill suffered a calf injury on his first play and did not return.
Hasselbeck: "If you lose the turnover ratio like we did today, you're going to make it very, very hard to win a game. I don't care who you are. That's what we did today."
Seahawks vs. San Diego Chargers at Qwest Field, 1:15 p.m. Sunday, Ch. 7
Furniture & home furnishings
2 English Pointers -Free - 2 y.o.
Abandoned Vehicle Sale November 28, 2014 at...
Bibles - Family heirloom. Stolen from stora...
POST A FREE LISTING