Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published October 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM | Page modified October 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

US, Libyan investigators not working together

U.S. and Libyan investigators still aren't working together three weeks after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.

Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

WASHINGTON —

U.S. and Libyan investigators still aren't working together three weeks after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says the U.S. wants maximum transparency, collaboration and cooperation. She says the U.S. and Libya are partnering well politically, but there now has to be cooperation at the investigative level.

The attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans has become an issue in President Barack Obama's re-election campaign. Foreign policy had been perceived as one of Obama's strengths.

Speaking to Arabic daily al-Hayat, Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif said Tuesday the FBI can participate in Libya's investigation. He suggested the slowness of the process wasn't only Libya's fault. The FBI says its agents in Libya can't reach Benghazi because it's dangerous.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The summer is wide open.

The summer is wide open.

Follow our three-part "Washington's National Parks" series running through August 10 for an in-depth look at some of our local treasures.

Advertising

Advertising

NDN Video

Advertising