In the news:
Gonzaga adds two more big men to basketball team
Gonzaga's basketball team added two big men to the fold Wednesday when 7-foot-1 Ryan Edwards out of Glacier High in Kalispell, Mont., and 6-8 forward Lucas...
Gonzaga's basketball team added two big men to the fold Wednesday when 7-foot-1 Ryan Edwards out of Glacier High in Kalispell, Mont., and 6-8 forward Lucas Meikle from Bellarmine Prep in Tacoma signed letters of intent to join the team next fall.
The Zags have a pair of 7-footers who will return next season in 7-0 Kelly Olynyk and 7-1 Przemek Karnowski. Olynyk will be a senior next fall while Karnowski will be only a sophomore. Plus Sam Dower, a 6-9 center, is a junior this season.
Assistant coach Ray Giacoletti said Edwards reminds him of former Washington standout Todd MacCulloch.
• Josh Hawkinson, Ikenna "Ike" Iroegbu and Tanner Lancona signed to play for the Washington State men's basketball team next season. Hawkinson is a 6-9 power forward from Shorewood High. Iroegbu is a 6-2 guard and Lancona is a 6-8 forward, both from California.
• Gonzaga's women's basketball team signed Bayli McClard, a 6-1 forward from Hanford, Calif., and Emma Wolfram, a 6-5 center from Kamloops, B.C.
• Sir Washington, a 6-3 shooting guard from Las Vegas, signed to attend Eastern Washington.
• Megan DeLallo, Alexandra Yacalis and Stephanie Stowe signed letters of intent and Kaitlyn Duranczyk and Jessica Nesis will be joining them as walk-ons with the Washington gymnastics team next season.
• The WSU volleyball team added six players for 2013, including Emmy Allen, a 6-2 outside hitter from Mill Creek, Hailey Bethune from Stockton, Calif., Taylor Ellingsen from Spokane, Kyra Holt from Hercules, Calif., Haley MacDonald, a 5-11 setter from Bothell, and Tani Stephens of Albany, Ore.
From school news releases