Taylor Smith his two grand slams in Washington softball victory | Northwest briefs
One day after hitting two home runs and driving in a career-high five runs, Washington sophomore Taylor Smith topped herself by hitting...
FULLERTON, Calif. — One day after hitting two home runs and driving in a career-high five runs, Washington sophomore Taylor Smith topped herself by hitting two grand slams and tying a school record with eight RBI, leading the top-ranked Huskies softball team (26-2) to a 12-4, six-inning victory over Purdue at the Judi Garman Classic.
Smith became the first player in Washington history to hit two grand slams in a game and tied Michelle Church's school-record eight RBI in a game.
Cal State Fullerton used a five-run third inning to beat Washington 6-0 at Husky Ballpark. Geoff Brown (0-1) gave up nine hits — eight of them singles — walked two and struck out three in 5-1/3 innings to take the loss.
• Cal State Northridge used a nine-run third inning and a six-run fourth to cruise to an 18-8 victory over Seattle University (3-15) in Bellevue.
• Central Washington (4-16, 2-6 Great Northwest Athletic Conference) split a doubleheader with Saint Martin's in Lacey, dropping the opener 10-7 before winning the series finale, 10-4.
• Western Washington (8-8, 8-8 GNAC) swept Saint Martin's, 4-2 and 8-5 in 10 innings, in a conference doubleheader in Lacey.
• Central Washington (13-5, 13-3 GNAC) split a doubleheader with visiting Montana State Billings, winning the opener 9-0 before dropping the second game 6-2.
New Mexico, seeded 15th, defeated second-seeded Washington 3-2 in the first round of Calloway Collegiate Golf Match Play in Marana, Ariz. Nick Taylor (4 and 3) and Chris Killmer (4 and 2) picked up victories for the Huskies.
• Team Clark (Brady Clark, Cristin Clark, Phil Tilker, Bev Walter), representing Washington, improved to 3-0 with wins over two North Dakota squads — Team Gulseth (9-1) and Team Heier (11-3) — on the second day of the U.S. Curling Mixed National Championships in Chicago.
Compiled from sports-information reports and other sources.
Furniture & home furnishings
AT&T NOtice of Community Meeting
City of Bellvue Public Hearing Notice
City of Bothell Summary of Ordinance No. 21...
POST A FREE LISTING