WSU gets two football commitments
High-school players Deone Bucannon and Asanta Cleveland, both from California, have announced they will accept scholarships to play for the Cougars
Deone Bucannon, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound safety prospect from Fairfield, Calif., has committed to the Washington State football program for 2010, according to Cougfan.com.
Bucannon became the second high-school recruit to commit to WSU after visiting for last weekend's game in Pullman against Stanford, joining 6-5, 235-pound Asanta Cleveland of Sacramento, Calif. Cleveland is projected to play tight end in college.
• Meagan Ganzer and Cassie Robbins combined for 21 kills as Washington State (7-0) remained unbeaten in volleyball with a 25-20, 25-17, 25-22 sweep of Weber State in Ogden, Utah. It's the best start to a Cougars volleyball season since 2002, when they were 11-0.
• Kellan Brown's two goals weren't enough for Washington Washington's men in a 3-2 loss to Chico State in Bellingham.
• Emily Franklin scored after a pass by Molly Shannon only 3 ½ minutes into the game, and WWU made it stand up for a 1-0 women's victory over Sonoma State in Bellingham — the Vikings' first win this season.
• Chase Franklin's goal with six minutes remaining was the difference as Saint Martin's men beat Humboldt State 4-3 in Lacey. The Humboldt State women beat the Saints in two overtimes, 1-0.
• Derek Woodworth and Chris Shaw each had a goal and an assist as Puget Sound's men shut out Coe 2-0 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
• Monique Cornier assisted on two second-half goals, helping Central Washington's women beat the University of Mary 3-2 in Nampa, Idaho.
Compiled from sports-information reports; Times staff reporter Bud Withers contributed.
Copyright © The Seattle Times Company
Furniture & home furnishings
Applewood, apple wood, cherrywood, cherry w...
Bonney Watson - WA Mem. Desired area, Garde...
City of Des Moines Summary of Ordinance No....
POST A FREE LISTING