76ers slow Carmelo Anthony, cruise past Knicks
Jrue Holiday scored a career-high 35 points, Nick Young had 20 and the Philadelphia 76ers cruised to a 97-80 victory over the New York Knicks...
PHILADELPHIA — Jrue Holiday scored a career-high 35 points, Nick Young had 20 and the Philadelphia 76ers cruised to a 97-80 victory over the New York Knicks on Saturday night.
Evan Turner also added 20 points for the Sixers, who led from the start and beat the Knicks for the first time in four tries and second in eight games.
Carmelo Anthony needed 28 shots to get 25 points. He has 28 straight 20-point games, tied with Patrick Ewing for second-longest streak in franchise history. Richie Guerin did it 29 games in a row in 1961-62.
The Atlantic Division-leading Knicks, who are second in the Eastern Conference, have lost five of eight.
Amare Stoudemire had 20 points for New York.
• The Houston Rockets reinstated suspended forward Royce White, and he's due to report to the team's developmental league affiliate on Feb. 11.
White, the 16th overall pick in the last draft, has been on the inactive list all season as he worked on an arrangement with the team to balance his anxiety disorder with the demands of the NBA schedule.
• Emeka Okafor had 15 points and 16 rebounds, helping host Washington beat Chicago 86-73. Former Rainier Beach and UW star Nate Robinson led the Bulls with 19 points.
• Kyrie Irving made a three-pointer with 0.7 seconds left to give Cleveland a 99-98 victory at Toronto. Irving finished with 32 points.
• Denver scored 71 first-half points en route to a 121-93 rout of visiting Sacramento.
Gerald Henderson hit a three-pointer from 25 feet with 4.6 seconds left to lift Charlotte to a 102-101 win over Minnesota and snap a 16-game home losing streak.
• Jamal Crawford, a Rainier Beach grad, missed a 19-foot jumper with .09 seconds left as the Los Angeles Clippers dropped their fourth straight game in a 101-100 loss at Portland.