Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM

  • Share:
             
  • Comments (1)
  • Print

Utah couple die from carbon monoxide at home

A Utah couple who ran a carpet cleaning business has died from carbon monoxide while working at a home.


Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Two more Darwin nominees. MORE

advertising

WEST JORDAN, Utah —

A Utah couple who ran a carpet cleaning business has died from carbon monoxide while working at a home.

Police say 37-year-old Maria Lopez-Landaverde and 43-year-old Joselito Solorzano of Orem died Saturday night after being found unconscious by firefighters.

Investigators say carbon monoxide levels reached a lethal amount in the West Jordan home after the couple pulled their carpet cleaning van into the garage and kept the van and equipment running with the garage door shut as they cleaned the carpets.

Police say there wasn't enough ventilation in the home and the couple died after they were taken to Jordan Valley Hospital.



News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Enter to win!

Enter to win!

Share a photo of your holiday lights display and you may win a $100 Home Depot gift card.

Advertising

Partner Video

Advertising

The Seattle Times photographs

Seattle space needle and mountains

Purchase The Seattle Times images

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

Looking for joy on the job


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►