Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Monday, October 14, 2013 at 6:20 AM

  • Share:
             
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

17 people sickened by carbon monoxide at movie theater in northeastern Pennsylvania

Seventeen people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after attending a movie theater in northeastern Pennsylvania.


Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

BERWICK, Pa. —

Seventeen people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after attending a movie theater in northeastern Pennsylvania.

WNEP-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1ceNEcQ ) the incident happened Friday night at The Berwick Theater. Berwick Hospital confirmed the number of people who were treated, and the theater's owners acknowledged the incident on the theater's Facebook page.

According to the theater's owners, a blocked furnace flue caused the poisonous gas to leak into the theater through its projection room.

The theater's owners say the problem has been fixed and they offered a free admission Saturday night to any firefighters or emergency responders who helped out on Friday night.

___

Information from: WNEP-TV, http://www.wnep.com



News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times wins top award for multimedia storytelling

The Seattle Times wins top award for multimedia storytelling

Our Sea Change series received a prestigious 2015 DuPont-Columbia award for showcasing the power of storytelling on the Web. Experience the report here.

Advertising

Partner Video

Advertising

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

Looking for joy on the job


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►