Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Monday, June 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM

  • Share:
             
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Marathon compensation fund has 247 claims

The deputy administrator of the main compensation fund for Boston Marathon bombing victims says it has received 247 claims so far.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

BOSTON —

The deputy administrator of the main compensation fund for Boston Marathon bombing victims says it has received 247 claims so far.

The One Fund's Camille Biros says a few more are expected to arrive over the next couple of days. Saturday was the deadline to mail or send a claim by courier service.

The fund announced Monday it has received $51 million in donations.

Three people were killed and more than 260 injured during the April 15 twin bombings near the marathon's finish line. The One Fund was established by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and Gov. Deval Patrick.

Fund administrator Kenneth Feinberg will take about 10 days to interview potential recipients then make payment recommendations to the city. Money is to begin going out at the end of June.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Where in the world are Seahawks fans?

Where in the world are Seahawks fans?

Put your marker on The Seattle Times interactive map and share your fan story.

Advertising

Partner Video

Advertising


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►