Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Tsarnaevs' father puts off plans to travel to US

The father of the Boston bombing suspects says he has indefinitely put off returning to the U.S. because he is too sick to make the trip from Russia.

Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

MAKHACHKALA, Russia —

The father of the Boston bombing suspects says he has indefinitely put off returning to the U.S. because he is too sick to make the trip from Russia.

Anzor Tsarnaev announced plans last week to travel to the U.S. in the hope of seeing his jailed younger son and burying his elder one.

But the 46-year-old Tsarnaev told The Associated Press on Wednesday that those plans are off, saying he is suffering from bad headaches and high blood pressure. He said he still hopes to go when he is feeling better.

Speaking by cell phone, Tsarnaev refused to say where he was. He said he remains on Russian territory, but is no longer in the southern province of Dagestan, where he had been living, or in neighboring Chechnya.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times Historical Archives

Browse our newspaper page archives from 1900-1984

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

Bad email habits to break today


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►