Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM

  • Share:
             
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Some Chinese operators suspend NKorea tours

Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing. However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.

Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

BEIJING —

Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing. However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.

North Korea has warned foreigners in South Korea to evacuate to safe places due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can't guarantee their safety past Wednesday.

A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning Wednesday. She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.

An official at the administration refused to confirm or deny this.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►