Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 4:51 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (25)
  • Print

NATO: No evidence for Afghan claim of misconduct

A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan says NATO has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Say ... while we're at it, why not just get all US troops out of all the provinces in... MORE
Next please stop all U. S. aid to Afghanistan... MORE
So the Afghan government is so outraged that it's forces are abusing its own citizens... MORE

advertising

KABUL, Afghanistan —

A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan says NATO has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province.

German Gen. Gunter Katz said on Monday that the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans.

Katz's comments come a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all U.S. special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks because of allegations that Afghans working with them are torturing and abusing other Afghans.

Katz says that ISAF cannot comment until NATO meets to discuss the issue with the Afghan government.

Sunday's order seems to have surprised both NATO and U.S. Forces Afghanistan, a separate command.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

How to tame an unruly resume


Advertising