Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (33)
  • Print

Conn. lawyer withdraws $100M lawsuit over massacre

A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Suing on behalf of a 6 year old? Some people are shameless. MORE
Why must every tragedy be seen as an opportunity for a windfall? The children at the... MORE
What a shameless grab for attention. No ethical, competent attorney would bring the... MORE

advertising

HARTFORD, Conn. —

A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim - at least for now.

The Stamford Advocate reports ( http://bit.ly/U4Jfni) that Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury" during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.

---

Information from: The Advocate, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times Historical Archives

Browse our newspaper page archives from 1900-1984


Advertising