Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published December 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Page modified December 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (9)
  • Print

Remains of Conn. gunman claimed for burial

The body of the man who killed 26 people at a Connecticut elementary school has been claimed for burial.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Adam Lanza, nobody knows why you took your rage out on innocents, but you can't hurt... MORE
Hmmm... Some people have said they should have thrown his naked body on top of the... MORE
Creatures such as this should be cremated, and their remains disbursed in a landfill... MORE

advertising

HARTFORD, Conn. —

The body of the man who killed 26 people at a Connecticut elementary school has been claimed for burial.

Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne H. Carver II tells the Hartford Courant (http://cour.at/TrQFyH) that the remains of Adam Lanza were claimed several days ago by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

A spokeswoman at Carver's office told The Associated Press she could not release details about the status of Lanza's remains.

The 20-year-old Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.

A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza.

Police have not offered a motive for the killings.

---

Information from: The Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

Bad email habits to break today


Advertising