What’s open, closed on holiday
How the holiday affects banks, mail, transit and more.
Here’s what’s opened and what’s closed Monday, Memorial Day:
• Government, city offices and most bank branches: Closed
• Mail delivery: No delivery on Monday
• Street parking: Free in Seattle
• King County Metro Transit: On a Sunday schedule. For more information and route schedules, check http://metro.kingcounty.gov/
• Community Transit buses in Snohomish County: No service
• Sound Transit buses and light rail: No service on some routes, Sunday service on others. Check http://seati.ms/1n0pCZh
• Sound Transit Sounder Trains: No service
• Everett Transit: Buses will operate on limited and Sunday schedules. http://www.soundtransit.org/
• Pierce Transit buses and shuttles: On a Sunday schedule http://www.piercetransit.org/
• Washington State Ferries:
— Point Defiance/Tahlequah, Seattle/Bainbridge Island and Mukilteo/Clinton routes on holiday schedules
— Edmonds/Kingston, Seattle/Bremerton, Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth, Port Townsend/Keystone routes on regular weekday schedules
— Other routes: Check http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/
• King County and Seattle libraries: Closed.
• Seattle parks: Open, but community centers and public pools are closed.
• King County Solid Waste Division Transfer Stations: Open regular hours
• Garbage pick up service: On normal schedule