In the news:
What’s open, closed on Christmas
Many places and services will be closed or operating on a scaled-back schedule on Christmas. Here is a list of what is open, closed and rescheduled.
Here are the holiday closures (and service changes) for the Christmas holiday Wednesday.
• Parking in Seattle is free.
• No garbage, food and yard-waste or recycling collections are scheduled in Seattle on Wednesday. Recycling and disposal stations also will be closed. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collections will be collected one day later than usual because of the holiday. There are no collections in Bellevue on Christmas.
• Sounder commuter rail will not operate on Wednesday. Link light rail will operate on a Sunday schedule. Some Sound Transit Express bus routes will not operate, and others will be on a Sunday schedule. Details: bit.ly/1eB6NKI .
• King County Metro Transit will operate buses on a Sunday schedule. Transit also will be on reduced weekday service Thursday through Monday. Details: 1.usa.gov/18ICb7o.
• Washington State Ferries routes for Seattle-Bainbridge, Mukilteo-Clinton, Point Defiance-Tahlequah will operate on weekend schedules Wednesday. The Edmonds-Kingston route will operate on a special holiday schedule. Check the Washington State Ferries website: bit.ly/1gSZHRO.
• Post offices and most banks and credit unions will be closed Wednesday.
• Some grocery stores are open for limited hours Wednesday. Call individual stores for details.
• Seattle city park hours are unchanged for the holiday, but community centers will be closed.
• The Victoria Clipper ferry will have no service Wednesday, but will have increased departures from Friday through Monday.