Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Friday, March 8, 2013 at 12:55 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (1)
  • Print

New carbon monoxide detector alerts Kent family

The Kent Fire Department says a carbon monoxide detector that was installed in an apartment because of a new law went off early Thursday awakening a family.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
WHAT? Glad to hear they didn't leave the car running in the bedroom. Or the hibachi... MORE

advertising

KENT, Wash. —

The Kent Fire Department says a carbon monoxide detector that was installed in an apartment because of a new law went off early Thursday awakening a family.

They evacuated and called 911.

Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide caused when the family closed a fireplace flue because they mistakenly thought a fire was completely out.

The fumes were vented and none of the five people in the apartment at Lake Fenwick Estate suffered any ill effects.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times photographs

Seattle space needle and mountains

Purchase The Seattle Times images


Advertising