Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published January 22, 2013 at 5:11 AM | Page modified January 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Smoky fire kills woman in Edmonds apartment

A smoky fire that killed an Edmonds apartment resident was caused by a reading lamp falling onto bedding.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

EDMONDS, Wash. —

A smoky fire that killed an Edmonds apartment resident was caused by a reading lamp falling onto bedding.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes says a clamp came loose and the light fell on the bed.

Neighbors who saw smoke reported the fire Monday night. Firefighters put out a small fire and found the body.

One neighbor told KING a woman lived alone in the apartment.

Hynes says damage is estimated at $50,000 to the one unit. Other residents in the six-unit building were able to return to their apartments.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

Bad email habits to break today


Advertising