Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Portable heaters overload wiring, spark Wash. fire

Portable electric heaters overloaded the wiring in a Camas home, sparking a fire that damaged the residence

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

CAMAS, Wash. —

Portable electric heaters overloaded the wiring in a Camas home, sparking a fire that damaged the residence

The Camas/Washougal Fire Department says in a release that firefighters found four people already outside the home when they arrived on scene early Saturday.

The occupants ranged from 2 years old to 24.

A fire marshal found the home had no primary heat source. The residents were relying on plugged-in portable heaters.

The heaters overloaded the house's wiring, which failed and started the fire.

Damage to the rental home was estimated to be about $10,000.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

The power of good manners


Advertising