Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Acid spill sends Spokane students home for day

Spokane fire officials say a hydrochloric acid spill in a stairwell sent students and staff members home early on Tuesday from a Spokane high school.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

SPOKANE, Wash. —

Spokane fire officials say a hydrochloric acid spill in a stairwell sent students and staff members home early on Tuesday from a Spokane high school.

A fire department hazmat crew responded and cleaned up the mess at Lewis and Clark High School.

The Spokesman-Review reports (http://is.gd/x1Dbrj) that a student science assistant was transporting the jug of the poisonous, corrosive acid when the spill occurred.

Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer said the spill was likely inadvertent and there was no threat to students. There were no reported injuries or damage to the school.

The school was evacuated just after noon. Classes will resume Wednesday morning.

---

Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon


Advertising