Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Monday, October 8, 2012 at 5:35 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Spokane woman caught in burning wheelchair

Embers from a cigarette ignited a blanket a woman had wrapped around herself as she smoked outside Sunday in Spokane in her wheelchair.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

SPOKANE, Wash. —

Embers from a cigarette ignited a blanket a woman had wrapped around herself as she smoked outside Sunday in Spokane in her wheelchair.

The fire department says the woman was unable to put out the fire or get out of the wheelchair until two people nearby came to her aid.

She was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center with second- and third-degree burns over 28 percent of her body. She was later airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times photographs

Seattle space needle and mountains

Purchase The Seattle Times images

Career Center Blog

Career Center Blog

How to tame an unruly resume


Advertising