Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (0)
  • Print

Mussels from closed Port Townsend beach sicken 7

Seven members of a Seattle family were hospitalized after eating mussels from a Discovery Bay beach near Port Townsend that has been closed by the state since July because of high levels of biotoxin.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
No comments have been posted to this article.
Start the conversation >

advertising

PORT TOWNSEND, Wash. —

Seven members of a Seattle family were hospitalized after eating mussels from a Discovery Bay beach near Port Townsend that has been closed by the state since July because of high levels of biotoxin.

Jefferson County Public Health says members of the unnamed vacationing family, ages 19 to 68, fell ill Saturday with paralytic shellfish poisoning.

The Peninsula Daily News reports ( http://is.gd/zAZIuD) one woman had to be placed on a ventilator Sunday, but she was breathing on her own again on Monday at Jefferson Healthcare Hospital. Other family members also were treated at the Port Townsend hospital and at Harrison Hospital in Bremerton.

---

Information from: Peninsula Daily News, http://www.peninsuladailynews.com

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon


Advertising