Advertising

Originally published December 27, 2011 at 6:08 AM | Page modified December 27, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Overheated Christmas tree caused Mill Creek fire on Sunday

Firefighters say overheated Christmas lights sparked a fire in Mill Creek that damaged a home and killed a 3-week-old puppy.

The Associated Press

quotes Hate to break it to you...but Mythbusters is fun to watch, but by no means a true... Read more
quotes @coriolis, The age of the light strands was not mention. a lot of people keep using... Read more
quotes @ EcarEibmoz - How are you the judge of this woman's mental fortitude? I'm certain she... Read more

advertising

MILL CREEK, Wash. —

Firefighters say overheated Christmas lights sparked a fire in Mill Creek that damaged a home and killed a 3-week-old puppy.

The Everett Herald reports (http://bit.ly/tdUQtk) that the woman at the residence Sunday night walked into her living room to find her Christmas tree on fire.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes says crews arrived and rescued three 3-week-old puppies, but a fourth one couldn't be revived. No other injuries were reported.

Hynes says Investigators determined that the fire started when too many strings of Christmas lights were hooked together and overheated. Damage was estimated at $175,000.

---

Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldnet.com

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon




Advertising