Seattle Times announces more local news partners
The Seattle Times is expanding its partnerships with local news Web sites with the addition of eight more sites today. That brings the total number of partner Web sites to 19. (See the complete list, along with their latest headlines.)
Partnering with The Times today are:
- Aurora | Seattle and editor Ben Katt
- Beacon Hill Blog and editors Wendi Dunlap and Jason Simpson
- Eastlake Ave. Blog and editor Curt Milton
- Kirkland Views and editor Rob Butcher
- MLTnews.com and editor Dustin DeKoekkoek
- Redmond Neighborhood Blog and editor Bob Yoder
The Times also announces new topic blog partners, including:
- Seattle Beer News and editor Geoff Kaiser
- Three Sheets Northwest and editors Deborah Bach and Marty McOmber
"We're thrilled to welcome these new partners to our network of quality sources for neighborhood and specialized news," said David Boardman, executive editor of The Times and Seattletimes.com. "Together, we can offer this region depth and breadth of coverage that none of us could provide alone."
The Times' effort to build community-news relationships began last August with the launch of the Networked Journalism project. Read about that project here.
The other partner sites are:
Sam and Sara Lucchese create handmade pasta out of their kitchen-garage adjacent to their Ballard home. Here, they illustrate the final steps in making pappardelle pasta.