Go beyond the headlines on cops and courts.
Exploring philanthropy, non-profits and socially motivated business.
What is open and what's closed on Presidents Day
Most banks and government offices, as well as libraries and post offices, will be closed Monday for the Presidents Day holiday.
What is open and what's closed on Presidents Day:
• Most banks and credit unions will be closed.
• Most city and county offices will be closed, as well as libraries and liquor stores. Post offices will be closed, and there will be no home mail delivery except for express delivery.
• Seattle street parking is free.
• Seattle public schools will be closed Monday and the rest of the week for midwinter break. Other schools will be closed for the holiday.
• Shopping malls and most retailers will be open. So will most area attractions, including Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo, the Museum of Flight, Seattle Center and the Pacific Science Center.
• Washington State Ferries will run on regular weekday schedules.
• Metro Transit will be running on a reduced weekday schedule and several express and commuter routes will be canceled or run less often. Community Transit buses will be running on a regular schedule but commuter service to downtown Seattle will be reduced. Pierce Transit local bus service and the shuttle paratransit service will operate on a Sunday schedule, and Bus Plus will not operate. The Sounder will operate on a modified holiday schedule. For details, see http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/holidays/h-02-presidents.html.
• Garbage, yard-waste and recycling collections will be on a regular schedule and Seattle's transfer and recycling stations will be open.
Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company
UPDATE - 09:46 AM
Exxon Mobil wins ruling in Alaska oil spill case
NEW - 7:51 AM
Longview man says he was tortured with hot knife
Furniture & home furnishings
Adorable Shih Poo Puppies
Adorable Shih Tzu AKC registered puppies
AKC Blocky Black Labrador Retriever Pointin...
POST A FREE LISTING