What's open and closed for Presidents Day
Celebrate Presidents Day with George and Abe. A collection of handwritten letters of Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln will...
Celebrate Presidents Day with George and Abe. A collection of handwritten letters of Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln will be on display from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday at the Secretary of State's office in the Legislative Building in Olympia.
What's open and what's closed on Presidents Day:
• U.S. Bank will be open Monday, but most banks and credit unions will be closed.
• Most city and county government offices will be closed, as well as public libraries and state-run liquor stores. Post offices will be closed and there will be no home mail delivery today except for Express Mail.
• Seattle street parking is free.
• Seattle public schools will be closed Monday and the rest of the week for midwinter break. Other schools will be closed for the holiday.
• Shopping malls and most retailers will be open; as will most area attractions, including Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo, the Museum of Flight, Seattle Center and Pacific Science Center.
• Seattle ferries will run on regular weekday schedules.
• Most Metro Transit buses will be on a Sunday schedule. The Sounder will operate on a modified holiday schedule. Check www.soundtransit.org for details. Community Transit will adjust its commuter service to downtown Seattle. All Snohomish County local service, Boeing commuter routes and service to Seattle's University District will operate on normal schedules. For details, see http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/announce/h-02-presidents.html.
• Garbage, yard-waste and recycling collections will be on a regular schedule and Seattle's transfer and recycling stations will be open.
Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company
UPDATE - 09:46 AM
Exxon Mobil wins ruling in Alaska oil spill case
NEW - 7:51 AM
Longview man says he was tortured with hot knife
Furniture & home furnishings
Call for Bids City of Newcastle
CITY OF KIRKLAND - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING...
POST A FREE LISTING