Nathan Hale High to reopen Monday
Nathan Hale High School in North Seattle will reopen Monday morning after flood damage forced it to close for a week, said Principal Marni...
- Photo Gallery | Returning to the flood's aftermath
- Photo Gallery | Images of the storm
- Photo Gallery | Reader storm photos
- Photo Gallery | Chehalis River flood
- Photo Gallery | Flooding in Southwest Washington
- Coast Guard video | Search-and-rescue
- A changing watershed floods ... Again (PDF)
- Slide-prone areas in Seattle (PDF)
- Areas affected by the storm (PDF)
- Chehalis-Centralia flood problem (PDF)
- Map | The Road South with Haley Edwards
Nathan Hale High School in North Seattle will reopen Monday morning after flood damage forced it to close for a week, said Principal Marni Campbell.
Rainwater entered 28 classrooms from a courtyard that did not drain properly during last week's storms. Up to 50 carpenters, laborers and electricians have been working at the 1,060-student school day and night to repair the damage, Campbell said.
"I just did a walk-through, and it's looking great," she said Sunday afternoon. "The dampness is gone, there's no mold, and all air tests have come back clean."
Copyright © 2007 The Seattle Times Company
UPDATE - 09:46 AM
Exxon Mobil wins ruling in Alaska oil spill case
NEW - 7:51 AM
Longview man says he was tortured with hot knife
Furniture & home furnishings
21 Bayliner 1979. FWC, Volvo engine I/O w/t...
Applewood, apple wood, cherrywood, cherry w...
Australian Shepherd pups - Reg. Full, mini ...
POST A FREE LISTING