Fire damages historic Seattle building
The Seattle Fire Department says no one was injured in a three-alarm fire that damaged a historic building in Pioneer Square. The fire was reported...
The Seattle Fire Department says no one was injured in a three-alarm fire that damaged a historic building in Pioneer Square.
The fire was reported about 12:30 this morning in a three-story building at Second and Yesler that was built in the late 1800s, according to Sue Stangl of the fire department.
It currently houses the Metropole Market and a restaurant. The fire damaged the first-floor market, Stangl said, causing about $800,000 in structural losses and $300,000 in damage to goods. There were no injuries.
The fire was caused by a cigarette that was improperly disposed of in a storage room's trash can, Stangl said. The fire was difficult to fight, she said, because it was hidden in space between the first and second floor. There were no fire sprinklers installed in the structure.
Furniture & home furnishings
City of Auburn Summary of Ordinance No. 653...
City of Bellevue Summaries of Ordinance 618...
City of Bellevue Weekly Permit Bulletin
POST A FREE LISTING