Husky men’s soccer ties UCLA, 2-2
Latest from the Husky Football & Basketball blogs
NCAA formally closes Tosh Lupoi case; no penalties handed down NEW - 2/03, 11:28 AM
Morning links: Arizona's Brandon Ashley out for season NEW - 2/03, 04:08 AM
The third-ranked Washington men’s soccer team stayed unbeaten with a 2-2 draw against fifth-ranked UCLA at Husky Soccer Stadium on Monday night.
Both tallies by Washington (10-0-4, 3-0-2 Pac-12) were the result of own goals by the Bruins (7-3-3, 2-1-2), the last in the 87th minute on a flip throw into the box.
UCLA scored its goals less than two minutes apart in the second half to grab a 2-1 lead.
• Seattle University was 15th at 16-over-par 592 as darkness suspended play in the second round at the Bill Cullum Invitational in Simi Valley, Calif.
• Seattle University is sixth at 30-over 318 after the first round of the Colby Invitational at the Silver Creek Valley Country Club in San Jose, Calif.
• Western Washington’s Kristen Hansen is in a three-way tie for third place (1-over 73), and the Vikings are tied for fifth (312) at the Sonoma State Fall Invitational at the Santa Rosa Golf and Country Club.
Players of the week
• Men’s soccer: Seattle U’s Miguel Gonzalez, WAC Offensive Player of the Week; Western Washington’s Bailey Martin, Great Northwest Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week.
• Women’s soccer: Seattle Pacific’s Maddie Krauss, GNAC Offensive Player of the Week; Seattle U’s Stephanie Verdoia, WAC Offensive Player of the Week.
• Volleyball: Washington’s Krista Vansant, Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week; Jackie Arnold, Seattle Pacific, GNAC co-Defensive Player of the Week; Seattle U’s Martina Samadan, WAC Player of the Week.
From sports-information reports.