Follow this spring-cleaning checklist to get your home ready for guests and the new season.
Follow our spring-cleaning checklist to freshen up your home in no time.
• Wash windows inside and out. Wipe down the sills. To clean window screens, rinse with soap and water.
• To revive drab drapes, take them down, remove hooks and run them through an air-fluff cycle in the dryer with a damp towel (to attract the dust) for 15 minutes. Rehang immediately. Wipe blinds with a damp cloth.
• Dust your home thoroughly. Take everything off shelves, tabletops and dressers to dust. Now is also the time to get to all the places you've been neglecting throughout the year, including ceiling fans, above kitchen cabinets and baseboards and doorways.
• Wash out trash cans. To really clean garbage cans, spray them with a hose and dump out the water. Next, spray the inside with a disinfectant spray, scrub with a handled brush and rinse. Leave them upside down to dry.
• Move furniture away from walls and clean underneath.
• Deep-clean your flooring. Have your carpets professionally cleaned, and wax wooden floors.
• Clean upholstered furniture. Vacuum pillows, as well as underneath the cushions. Look for stains, and clean according to the care label.
• Change heating-system filters.
• Look for worn grout between floor tiles in the bathroom or kitchen. A small crack in the grout or caulk can lead to an expensive repair later. If necessary, reseal as soon as possible.
• Investigate all doors and windows for leaks and drafts, particularly near the corners. Look for peeling and chipping paint, which can signal water intrusion. Seal any open areas between the frame and the wall to keep out water, which can deteriorate building materials.
Furniture & home furnishings
Abandoned Vehicle Sale November 28, 2014 at...
Bibles - Family heirloom. Stolen from stora...
Big Beautiful Red German Shepherd Female
POST A FREE LISTING