Who needs lobster when you've got Dungeness crab? Boston Globe food editor Sheryl Julian and our food writer Bethany Jean Clement give their takes on their respective regions’ food cultures. Above, Seattle Times fishing writer Mark Yuasa shows off a Dungeness crab. At left, lobster rolls are a New England favorite.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is looking at a huge expansion to accommodate an expected boom in use.
- Report: Highway 99 tunnel contractors not at fault over soil
- Island County Sheriff’s Office faces $10M claim over serial pedophile
- GOP lawmakers spar over raises for state employees
- Income growth skips all but top 1 percent in Washington state
- UPDATE - 08:47 AM Boeing reports 4Q profit of $1.47B on airplane sales
- UW junior accused of stabbing in parking-spot argument
- Inslee’s climate change bill draws divided crowd at hearing
- ‘Smart guns’ may be smart way to keep kids safe | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 09:55 AM Postmortem of radioactive body was most dangerous ever
UPDATE - 09:37 AM After 2 convictions, 2 more Vanderbilt players face charges
UPDATE - 10:11 AM Bart the cat hit by car, buried and then crawls from grave
UPDATE - 10:09 AM After killings by police, a debate over grand jury secrecy
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 08:33 AM Biographer of World War I hero Alvin York wins $5,000 prize
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- UPDATE - 09:15 AM Editorial: Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement
- Editorial: Turning Federal Reserve building into a school is fitting for Seattle’s urban core
- Guest: Our state parks are heavily used but underfunded
- Should marijuana home grows be legal in Washington?
UPDATE - 10:11 AM Seahawks Fan Buzz: Bandwagon? Not these long-time New Jersey fans
UPDATE - 10:11 AM The Sea-Tac growth dilemma
UPDATE - 10:14 AM China criticizes Alibaba in report withheld until after IPO
UPDATE - 10:14 AM Fed is expected to remain 'patient' about a first rate hike
UPDATE - 10:14 AM US stocks edge higher in midday trading; Apple up sharply