RON JUDD: A view to the south from the central Moses Coulee reveals the rugged landscape of the Three Devils Grade, a scar of the Ice Age floods that formed Central Washington's Channeled Scablands. A trip between the coulee's steep walls is like poking around in the basement of time.
UPDATE - 09:42 PM
Bus backers seek property-tax hike
Less than a day after a King County tax measure lost, the group Friends of Transit announced a proposed property-tax initiative to fund buses in Seattle.
The log barrier was part of a decades-long struggle to protect fish and keep the slope from slipping.
- UPDATE - 09:16 PM Boeing CEO defends job transfers, but experts question rationale
- NEW - 11:00 PM Obama reaffirms U.S. obligation to Japan in dispute
- UPDATE - 10:21 PM Supreme Court limits restitution in child-porn case
- UPDATE - 09:16 PM Mayor’s panel fails to reach consensus on wage recommendations
- UPDATE - 09:01 PM Exchange sign-ups for private insurance pass 164K
- Seahawks’ Russell Wilson, wife divorcing after 2 years
- UPDATE - 10:41 PM Seahawks open against Packers, face 49ers on Thanksgiving
UPDATE - 09:54 PM Woman said to be among 4 under consideration as SPD chief
UPDATE - 09:35 PM Charges due against alleged mastermind of bank-robbery ring
UPDATE - 10:59 PM Amid Russia warning, Ukraine is in a security bind
UPDATE - 10:11 PM 9/11 interfaith group says film by museum offends Muslims
UPDATE - 10:15 PM Georgia’s ‘guns-everywhere’ law derided by critics
UPDATE - 09:37 PM Teen stowaway had no idea where he’d landed
UPDATE - 11:04 PM Russian social media CEO quits, flees country
UPDATE - 10:59 PM SKorea ferry toll hits 159 as relatives wait
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him
Entertainment & Living
We need White House leadership to place the country's economic well-being before that of bankers. We need to rein in recklessness, not subsidize it with our taxes.Nomi Prins, guest column: "Break alliances between Wall Street and the White House"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Guest: How to improve life for NCAA athletes without unionizing
- Obamacare’s drug problem | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Reign FC beats Spirit, 3-1, to improve to 2-0
UPDATE - 10:01 PM Yankees’ Pineda tossed for pine tar on his neck
UPDATE - 10:47 PM Blazers win at Houston again, lead series 2-0
UPDATE - 10:38 PM Blackhawks win in OT to tie series with Blues 2-2
UPDATE - 09:18 PM Code.org to help 2 million students learn to program | Brier Dudley